Friday 5 October 2018

Editing Using Premiere Pro


Hoverboard Adventures


The task I was given was to edit a short film using Adobe Premiere Pro, within this I used the backing track 'Oops upside your head' by The Gap Band in 1979 . My media teacher helped initially by providing us with the directors videos of the hover boarding trip as well as the set audio. This was to demonstrate different cuts and transitions within editing and putting clips together in some sort of cohesive style so they all blend together without any jumpy harsh sections.



I enjoyed editing the video together, using different transitions and effective cuts to blend them together. I included ones like fade on the video and audio names Exponential Fade , I once again used a video transition called Iris Diamond, to convert from one adventurous scene to another. Cube spin, additive Dissolve and Film Dissolve. 
The thing I found the most difficult was ensuring there was no abrupt jump cuts between the two shots on either side, it also was important for me to make sure the directors scenes fitted in time and relation with the beats. Something I found easy was inserting the scenes into the video, this is because I was previously shown ow to eating that it was simple to convert them from a. folder upon my desktop to Adobe Premiere Pro.
For my work I did many short shots and shorter sections of scenes, this is to in crease the tension of action, by changing from one to another enticing the audience as there are always fresh new shots.
I feel something that was successful in my work was the use of transitions  I used multiple ones throughout out the video. 
Additionally, I included some in my audio at the end to fade the song out and lastly, at the very start to fade my title into the first scene. On the other hand, to improve my work I could try insert some diegetic sound, this is due to this video was solely non-diegetic sound with the backing track. I feel diegetic sound from the scenes would make the video seem more realistic an add to the excitement of the hoverboarding adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment